- Villarreal CF: Roberto Soldado and Denis Cheryshev (both injured); Cedric Bakambu (Africa Cup of Nations duty).
- FC Barcelona: Jasper Cillessen (injured).
Villarreal (4th, 29 pts):
- After going unbeaten throughout December, Villarreal will be looking to maintain their excellent recent form and build on the 29 points they've amassed so far this term, as they seek to keep themselves in the Champions League qualification places.
- As well as gunning for maximum points, the hosts will be keen to treat their fans to victory on what's set to be a momentous day for the club. Speaking in the build-up, Escriba voiced his excitement ahead of the clash: "I'm sure that our supporters will enjoy what'll be a really special occasion and they'll get right behind us. They'll be willing us on all the more what with the announcement of the new name for the stadium. Everything has come together nicely for what'll be a great spectacle."
Barcelona (2nd, 34 pts):
- Second-placed Barça will be intent on securing the spoils as they look to keep the pressure on league leaders, Real Madrid. Luis Enrique's men are sure to give their all in their quest to come away from the notoriously tricky Madrigal with all three points.
- The Catalan giants hold the upper hand in the sides' previous meetings and are currently riding a 14-game unbeaten streak against the Castellon outfit (W10, D4).
Getting to El Madrigal
Address: Calle de Blasco Ibañez, 2, 12540 Vila-real, Castellon
The stadium is a 10-minute walk from the centre of Villarreal.
Train: The nearest station is Vila-Real, 20 minutes away from the stadium on foot.
Stadium location here.
Time: 20:45 CET
Stadium: El Madrigal
Referee: Iglesias Villanueva, Ignacio
TV: Watch the game in your country.
Preview in numbers