1. LaLiga has not received any request resembling the one claimed in the official communique issued by the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) on 13 February, and therefore wishes to state by means of this Official Statement that this is completely false.
2. During the last quarter of 2016, the RFEF attended the meetings of the Control Body for the Administration of Audiovisual Rights, established in Article 7.1 of Royal Decree-Law 5/2015 on urgent measures regarding the marketing of audiovisual rights for professional football competitions, hereinafter RD 5/2015.
3. The designee who attended the meetings of the Control Body for the Administration of Audiovisual Rights on behalf of the RFEF on 10 November 2015, 3 December 2015, 25 January 2016, 4 April 2016, 4 May 2016 and 23 December 2016 is Maria Jose Claramunt, who at no time made any request regarding the terms referred to in the aforementioned communique, as evidenced by the minutes of the aforementioned meetings.
4. The RFEF communique shows a clear misunderstanding as to how the distribution of audiovisual rights established in RD 5/2015 functions, and a complete and total disregard for the obligations reflected in it.
5. LaLiga does not have to deliver anything to the RFEF until it proceeds to settle the financial earnings resulting from the exploitation of the audiovisual rights in accordance with Article 7.1 of RD 5/2015 and that settlement will only be known on 30 June 2017. Notwithstanding the above, if both institutions reach an agreement, it would proceed to make an advance payment on account for part of the amount corresponding to the sale of the Copa del Rey audiovisual rights in accordance with the provisions of Article 8.2 of RD 5/2015.