The LFP Ordinary and Extraordinary General Meetings took place this afternoon at the Liga de Fútbol Profesional headquarters. Among other things, at the meeting, which was attended by all the Club and SADs (Public Limited Sports Companies) in the Liga BBVA and Liga Adelante, the following was determined:
- The Report, Accounts and Liquidation of Income and Expense Budgets for the 2013/14 season were unanimously accepted (42 votes for).
- In addition, the distribution of 22.3 million euros, minimum, among the clubs for the 2014-2015 season has been guaranteed.
- As an example of the transparency of LFP accounts, the president and CEO’s salaries in LFP’s 2014 Annual Report were declared.
- The income and expense budgets for the 2014-2015 season were also approved by a majority vote.
- Price Waterhouse has been appointed to carry out the external audits of LFP next season. The company, which was confirmed by means of a vote, will carry out the job for the next three years.
- The LFP, the Clubs and SADs have accepted the amendment of the articles of association in relation to the trade of official statistical data on the professional competitions (Liga BBVA and Liga Adelante).
- For better information on the clubs, a tutorial on “what is the official statistical data and what does its joint use consist of” was presented. The company SIS will utilise the official data for betting offices during the 2014/2015 season. The agreement reached will yield an income of 1.5 million euros for the LFP.
- A draft of financial operations related to economic rights derived from the players’ federative rights was approved.
- In this regard a draft has been accepted to be submitted to RFEF and UEFA will be appealed to, despite their current reluctance.
- The FIFA Commission has decided that, on behalf of all the European leagues, the LFP shall continue to work on the draft.
- Ratification of the collective agreement signed with AFE on 25 July this year.
- The Agreement has been renewed for two seasons. In it, the agreements from 25 August 2011 shall also be implemented.
- The disciplinary regulations have also been amended in terms of the economic sanctions of players. They shall be based on the player’s salary.
- The maximum age of a player at which the clubs receive compensation for training rights has been modified. From now on, such compensation shall only be calculated up to 23 years of age, in line with the FIFA regulations.
- A payment Monitoring Commission has been created for the payment of player salaries.
The day started with a morning session between the various departments of the LFP and the clubs where the projects have been carried out, are in process and that will come in the future.
At the end of the meeting, two presentations took place: First, that of Real Zaragoza SAD’s new board member, Fernando Sainz de Baranda; Then came the time to welcome, for the first time in the history of the LFP Meetings, UE Llagosterá and its president, Isabel Tarragó.