- R. Sporting: Lacina Traore and Lillo (injured) y Moi Gomez (suspended)
- RCD Espanyol: Oscar Duarte, Hernan Perez and Alvaro Vazquez (injured)
R Sporting (18th, 23 pts):
- The Asturians’ draw against CA Osasuna last time out, coupled with CD Leganes's defeat at the hands of Villarreal CF, has left R. Sporting four points from the magic 17th spot in LaLiga Santander. If Rubi's men manage to beat RCD Espanyol, they'll be within touching distance of safety, something which seemed unthinkable only a few matchdays ago.
- However, Sporting's home record in LaLiga Santander has been wretched. They've only won once in the last nine games at El Molinon – if they are to keep their place in the Spanish top flight, they'll need to turn around this poor run of form.
RCD Espanyol (9th, 49 pts):
- Last weekend's home defeat to Atletico Madrid greatly weakened Espanyol's chances of qualifying for the Europa League. Quique Sanchez Flores's side are now six points off sixth place in the league, with only five games of the season remaining.
- Espanyol have won their last two league encounters at El Molinon. Last season they came away with a 4-2 victory, with two strikes from Gerard Moreno, an own goal by Luis Hernandez and a fine finish by Burgui, who now plies his trade with the Asturian side.
Getting to El Molinon
Address: Av. del Molinon, 33203 Gijon (Asturias).
Bus: Lines 1, 4, 10 and 26.
Stadium location here.
Stadium: El Molinón
Referee: Melero Lopez, Mario
TV: Watch the game in your country
Preview in numbers