Fixtures for the upcoming LaLiga Santander season have been announced. Following today's draw, we now know match-ups for all 38 top flight matchdays across 2020/21.
The new season gets underway on the weekend of the 12th and 13th of September. During the first week, we'll see the returns of newly promoted clubs Cadiz CF and SD Huesca, plus big matches such as the derby between Valencia CF and Levante UD at Mestalla. Atletico Madrid v Sevilla FC, FC Barcelona v Elche CF and Real Madrid v Getafe will be postponed due to the clubs' involvements in European competitions and the LaLiga SmartBank play-offs.
The first El Clasico of the season will take place during Matchday 7 - the weekend of October 24th725th – with champions Real Madrid travelling to the Camp Nou to face FC Barcelona. Meanwhile, the return fixture will take place on the weekend of April 10th711th at the Santiago Bernabeu.
The Seville derby (El Gran Derbi) Real Betis and Sevilla FC will kick-off the new year on the 2nd/3rd January at the Benito Villamarin, with the return on March 13th/14th, and the Madrid derby between Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid is scheduled for December 12th/13th and March 6th/7th, the return fixture at the Wanda Metropolitano.
* The following fixtures are postponed to dates available later in the calendar:
- Atlético de Madrid - Sevilla FC: 12 January 2021
- Real Madrid - Getafe CF: February-March 2021 on European competition dates.
- FC Barcelona - Elche C.F.: February-March 2021 on European competition dates.
- Athletic Club - FC Barcelona: 6 January 2021
- Levante UD - Atlético de Madrid: February-March 2021 on European competition dates.
- Sevilla FC - Elche C.F.: February-March 2021 on European competition dates.
- Granada CF - C.A. Osasuna: If Granada are in the Europa League Play Off this match will be played 12 January 2021.
** The games corresponding to Matchday 19 for the clubs participating in the Supercopa de España will be played on 15/16 December 2020 (FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Athletic Club, Real Sociedad)