- Pedri’s childhood hero was Andres Iniesta. The Canary Islander has revealed that the La Mancha-born legend is one of his role models and was the inspiration for his passion for the Catalan giants. However, the allegiance to the club already ran in the family, with Pedri’s grandfather having founded the Tenerife-Tegueste Peña Barcelonista supporters’ club.
- On 19 September 2019, Pedri became the youngest-ever goalscorer in UD Las Palmas’s history after netting in the club’s LaLiga SmartBank clash against Sporting Gijon aged 16 years, nine months and 23 days.
- Pedri announced himself to the world in the Azulgranas’ meeting with Athletic Club at the Nuevo San Mames, where the fledgling star become the youngest player to claim a goal and an assist in a LaLiga Santander game just 42 days after his 18th
- He’s the only player in the 2020/21 campaign to have provided two backheel assists, teeing up Lionel Messi on both occasions. His pass in the game against R.Valladolid CF saw the Argentine send another record tumbling as he surpassed Pele’s tally to become the player to have scored the most goals for a single club.
- The precocious talent took his first steps in the game thanks to his elder brother, Fernando, whose coach asked Pedri, aged just four at the time, to join his team. Pedri currently lives with his brother and wears his shinpads in every game.