- Samuel Chukwueze (22/05/1999) was born in Abia State, Nigeria. He made his LaLiga Santander debut for Villarreal CF against Levante on 4 November 2018. Since then he's scored twice for the Yellow Submarine against Rayo Vallecano and Real Betis, making him the youngest player to have scored two or more goals in the competition this season.
- On 20 November 2018, he made his international debut for the Nigeria Super Eagles, playing 45 minutes in a 0-0 draw with Uganda.
- Chukwueze began playing football at the age of five, inspired by legandary Nigerian playmaker Jay-Jay Okocha who he used to watch on TV. He models his playing style on Arjen Robben, and as a fellow left-footed winger his game draws many parallels with the former Real Madrid star.
- He caught the eye with his performances in the Under-17 World Cup in 2015, which Nigeria won. His goal after just 25 seconds in a 5-1 win against hosts Chile was the fastest of the tournament, and he went on to win the Bronze Boot with three strikes in total.
- In 2017, he joined Villarreal CF from the famed Diamond Football Academy. Despite his success, his parents originally didn't want him to play football, but eventually allowed him to pursue his career after realising his prestigious talent.