- The ground was named in honor of the patron saint of the town, Nuestra Señora de Butarque.
- It was opened on February 14, 1998 with a Liga Adelante match between the home team and Xerez CD which ended with draw.
- Julian Ronda, defender of the "Pepineros" for six years (1996-2002), scored the first goal for the Madrid side in its new field.
- Butarque, apart from hosting CD Leganes home games, has also held concerts and festivals such as Festimad.
- The stadium has an annex field of artificial grass used to reserves sides training.
Follow all CD Leganes latest @CDLeganes