- Burgos CF are old hands in LaLiga. After a 20-year hiatus, they return to the silver tier where they have played a total of 18 seasons in the past. Los Blanquinegros managed to win the LaLiga SmartBank title in the 1975/76 season and move up to the top flight, completing a total of six campaigns in LaLiga Santander.
- In the 1966/67 season they produced their biggest ever victory in LaLiga, when they came out 7-2 winners against Gimnastica de Torrelavega. Their all-time top goalscorer is Pedro Maria Olalde, who formed part of Burgos's golden generation and netted 77 goals for the club.
- Miguel Perez, better known as 'Michu', is the sporting director of Burgos CF. The former player is a genuine Real Oviedo legend, the club closest to his heart. Burgos will come face to face with them next season in LaLiga SmartBank. The former striker played a total of 129 games for them in the second tier, during which time he netted 15 goals. He also played for Rayo Vallecano in LaLiga Santander, producing one of his best ever seasons with 15 goals in 37 games.
- The current Burgos CF squad in fact includes a number of players with LaLiga experience. One of them is Michel Zabaco, who made several appearances for UD Almeria in the second tier in the 2015/16 season. Meanwhile, Unai Elgezabal already knows how it feels to play in LaLiga SmartBank with CD Numancia and Alcorcon, having racked up a total of 79 games. Galder Cerrajeria has also amassed a total of 26 LaLiga SmartBank appearances with Real Murcia and CD Mirandes. Javi Gomez adds another three matches in the competition with CF Fuenlabrada, and Claudio Medina has played 17 games in LaLiga SmartBank for Elche CF. Meanwhile, we have Leonardo Pisculichi, the legendary Argentine who enjoyed minutes in LaLiga Santander for RCD Mallorca in the 2005/06 and 2006/07 campaigns. However, the most experienced LaLiga SmartBank player in the squad by far is Saul Berjon, with a total of 315 matches and 39 goals during his stints at Real Oviedo and Real Murcia. He also has LaLiga Santander experience with SD Eibar, where he played 63 games and scored seven goals. Finally, Guillermo Fernandez is a striker who has appeared in both competitions, with 23 games and one goal to his name in LaLiga Santander for Athletic Club, and 155 matches and a 30-goal haul with Racing Santander, Numancia, Elche and Leganes in LaLiga SmartBank.
- Burgos fans are also known by the nicknames Los Burgaleses and La Burgatti, in reference to the city that gives the club its name, as well as Los Blanquinegros in reference to the team's back and white kit.