With temperatures hitting Mediterranean levels in the UK it’s only right that LaLiga Santander clubs take advantage of the heatwave to venture north to continue their pre-season preparations. Four classic clubs from Spain are playing six friendlies against opposition up and down the United Kingdom, a perfect chance to gauge the progress the quartet are making ahead of the return to action next month.
Valencia CF, who finished fourth in LaLiga Santander and won the Copa del Rey last season, visit Brighton & Hove Albion looking to show off new signings such as Dutch keeper Jasper Cillessen, Russian winger Denis Cheryshev and Uruguayan striker Maxi Gomez.
The clubs who finished seventh and eighth in LaLiga Santander last season, RCD Espanyol and Athletic Club, take on Sheffield Wednesday and West Ham United respectively. Espanyol have a new coach in David Gallego while may eyes will still be focused on Chinese forward Wu Lei. Athletic coach Gaizka Garitano gets his chance to prepare the team the way he would like from the outset having taken the helm midway through last season.
Real Sociedad, who finished ninth last season, will be showcasing new signings such as Sweden’s Isak Aleksander and Norway’s Martin Odergaard aginst Nottingham Forest, Millwall and Watford.
- Nottingham Forest vs. Real Sociedad
- Friday 26 July (7:45 pm) City Ground, NOTTINGHAM
- Millwall FC vs. Real Sociedad
- Saturday 27 July (2:00 pm) The Den, LONDON
- Sheffield Wednesday vs. RCD Espanyol
- Sunday 28 July (3:00 pm) Hillsborough, SHEFFIELD
- Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Valencia CF
- Friday 2 August (7:00 pm) AMEX Stadium, BRIGHTON
- West Ham vs. Athletic Club
- Saturday 3 August (3:00 pm) London Stadium, LONDON
- Watford vs. Real Sociedad
- Saturday 3 August (3:00 pm) Vicarage Road, WATFORD