- The current coach of Los Nazaríes was born in Hospitalet de Llobregat. Although, it’s Andalusian blood that runs through his veins, since his father was born in Seville. The city is very close to Robert Moreno’s heart, and this season it will be even closer… literally just down the road from him.
- Moreno’s passion for the beautiful game was passed down to him by his father, who also served as his role model in the art of football management. At the tender age of 16 he had his first foray into team coaching, although he was not able to attend a course and obtain an official license until adulthood.
- The 43-year-old has experience in LaLiga as assistant manager with Celta de Vigo and FC Barcelona. While working for the latter he managed to win two LaLiga titles.
- Louis Van Gaal is Moreno’s number one influence, from the time the Dutchman was at the helm at FC Barcelona. It was from him that he learned the importance of using video footage as a way of analyzing the game.
- His two great passions are football and technology. In fact, Moreno has devised his own system of match analysis, through the use of video footage. He is also one of the brains behind the MediaCoach app, which is used nowadays by the vast majority of LaLiga clubs.