- When CF Fuenlabrada left La Aldehuela to move to their new stadium, Fernando Torres' name was chosen, because the legendary striker is one of the municipality's greatest ambassadors.
- It was inaugurated on September 1, 2011 with the Villa de Fuenlabrada Trophy. On that day, Fuenlabrada and Atletico Madrid faced each other, with the visiting team going away 3-0 winners.
- Fernando Torres' parents took the honorary kick-off for the opening match, as the striker was in Switzerland with the Spanish national team.
- Before the inauguration, in March 2011, Fernando Torres made an official visit with the mayor of Fuenlabrada. The world champion took an honorary kick-off and was awarded the 1st Gold Medal of the Town of Fuenlabrada for his professional sports career.
- The stadium is part of the training facilities complex that has several indoor football pitches, indoor swimming pools, gym and paddle and tennis courts.