- Raised in a humble Madrid neighbourhood, he admits that Real Madrid save his life when they took the decision to sign him as a Los Blancos junior player. It was Michel Gonzalez, the current Getafe CF coach, who decided to draft him into 'La Fabrica' during his time as the sporting director of Madrid's academy.
- His family live and breathe football, with the sport comprising a long family tradition. His brother, Ruben de Tomas, plies his trade for the Rayo Vallecano reserves and his father represented San Sebastian de los Reyes and other clubs in the '80s and '90s. His grandfather and uncles also played the sport.
- His RDT moniker comes not from his appearance or his style of play, rather it comprises the initials of his name: Raul de Tomas.
- With 23 goals for the season, he was the top scorer in the division and played a fundamental role in RCD Espanyol crowning themselves champions of LaLiga SmartBank. It was also his best ever season in terms of his personal goal haul. He has scored a total of 92 times over the course of his LaLiga career: 18 in LaLiga Santander and the rest in the second tier.
- At the Real Madrid academy, he drew comparisons with Cristiano Ronaldo due to his physical appearance, his goalscoring prowess and both of them being Madrid's focal point in attack. He is a fan of horseracing and boxing.